REDEFINING, REFRAMING, AND RELATING TO ONE ANOTHER: RESPONDING TO NDIS
The Centre for Disability Studies an affiliate of the University of Sydney is pleased to offer a program of Professional Development to further develop the workforce and governance of organisations and support the successful implementation of the NDIS.
STAGE 1: Growing understanding
Understanding the NDIS
An interactive workshop designed:
- For managers and members of governance boards.
- To further outline the architecture and theoretical underpinnings of the NDIS
- To promote agency wide adoption of a more person centred approach
STAGE 2: Learning together
- NDIS : The Who, What, Why and Where!
- Transitioning from a group to an individualised culture: Listening, learning and logistics.
- From the access request to assessing individualised support needs.
- Co-creating community to meet individual aspirations.
- Transforming and developing workforce capacity: From service provision to community connection.
- Facilitation and financial management of support options: Self managed; shared managed; shared co-ordinated and provider managed packages.
- Actioning choice and control through planning.
- PATH planning in action .
- Reframing the organisation: From group management to individual aspirations.
- Engaging and collaborating with families, carers and nominees
STAGE 3: Transitioning Together
Organisational change management:
- With organisational personnel and stakeholder groups involved with guiding the implementation of the NDIS
- Facilitated as two hour or more intensive holistic packages.
- Incorporating a Draw-See-Think- Plan approach to generate high levels of engagement, create genuine connections, produce clear outcomes and directions giving purpose and meaning.
STAGE 4: Working Together
A facilitator will work alongside individual and small groups of staff members, to raise skills and capacity required for transition to and seamless implementation of the NDIS.
See link to Flyer: Responding to the NDIS.