- This event has passed.
I-CAN Facilitator Training v5- March 2019
The I-CAN is a support needs assessment, planning and resource allocation tool designed to assess and guide support delivery for people with disabilities including people with mental health concerns. Workshop participants will learn how to administer the I-CAN and generate an individual support needs report is which helps guide service delivery and planning.
- Resource allocation for individual funding
- Intake and discharge for people with acquired disabilities such as brain injury or quadriplegia
- Planning for the move to community living for people leaving congregate settings
- Assessment and classification of disability
- Support expert evidence at legal hearings
- Support planning and supported living for people with intellectual disabilities, and for people with mental health support needs.
Laura Hogan is an Occupational Therapist (Bachelor of Applied Science), she also holds a Masters of Health Science (Developmental Disability) and a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment. Laura has 15 years of experience working with people with disability across the lifespan with a special interest in supporting adolescents and adults with complex support needs.
Sarah Wagstaff holds a B.A. (Psych)(Hons), M(Teach)(School Counselling) and is currently undertaking a Masters of Health Science (Developmental Disability). She has extensive experience supporting the behavioural needs of people with disability in various roles, including behavioural therapist, teacher, and school counsellor.