Introduction to Positive Behaviour Support – Alice Springs
This workshop will provide an introduction and opportunity to explore positive behaviour support in the context of providing support to people with complex needs.
By attending the workshop, practitioners will develop an understanding of:
- Key concepts and definitions
- Knowing the person, and building positive relationships
- Observing patterns of behaviour in order to understand unmet needs
- Addressing harmful behaviour by promoting new skills and strategies
- Strategies for developing positive environments and relationships
Participants will take from the session an overview of these topics, and strategies to take back to their organisation and the people they support.
The course is targeted towards service providers, clinicians, case coordinators and educators.
This is a free workshop for service providers in the Northern Territory. The workshop is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services
Morning Tea and Lunch are provided.
Link to flyer: Flyer- positive behaviour support