‘A caring community which shares love, equality, and happiness through providing students with disability social and academic support, so that the deserved rights of students with disabilities are protected.’
– uni 2 beyond mentor
MENTOR RECRUITMENT HAS NOW COMMENCED FOR SEMESTER 1, 2019
About the uni 2 beyond mentor program
uni 2 beyond students receive peer support through matched mentors. A mentor is a trusted peer who provides support and guidance to assist uni 2 beyond students to have a rich and fulfilling experience at the university both academically and socially. Mentor roles are flexible and depend on mentor and mentee interests availability
This role might include:
- Sitting with the uni 2 beyond student in class.
- Regularly enquiring how university is going, how is the day going.
- Assisting in understanding course content through brief discussions before and after class.
- Informing and inviting the mentee to social activities.
- Facilitating new social connections.
- Inviting/supporting the uni 2 beyond student to join a club or society.
- Meeting up regularly. This could be for coffee, lunch or other activities you both enjoy
What uni 2 beyond offers for mentors:
- Mentor training.
- Regular social events to meet other mentors and exchange experiences.
- Guidance and support.
- Letter of reference upon completion of the mentor role.
Mentor flyer: uni 2 beyond mentor flyer
Application form: Complete the online form at the following link: Mentor Application Form.
Like and follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter: