CDS is currently hiring for the following positions:
Disability Outreach Coordinator (Dubbo Region)
This allied health leadership position is an exciting opportunity to implement an innovative model of practice and develop and manage a team of therapy facilitators to deliver NDIS services in Western NSW.
Are you an Allied Health Professional in Western NSW with disability sector experience?
Do you want to make a difference?
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the CDS team as our Disability Outreach Coordinator in Dubbo. This leadership position will establish a new model of service delivery in Western NSW for people with disability. Services will be provided through a hub and spoke model, in which potential therapy facilitators are identified in clients’ local communities, then trained to deliver consistent, high-quality programs designed by allied health professionals.
The position is part time (minimum 3 days per week) and provided as a 12 month fixed term contract.
About the Role
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the effective delivery and management of a range of activities which include:
- Project coordination for the Western NSW Hub and Spoke Initiative
- Recruitment and workforce management of therapy facilitators and associated administrative tasks
- Implementing sustainable strategies in support of the promotion of the program plan
- Identifying and fostering effective relationships with stakeholders and the community
- Effectively communicating with clients, staff and community groups
- Managing the administrative demands of a widespread client base in Western NSW
To be successful in the role you the key qualities required are:
- Allied Health Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree such as Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Psychology
- Current registration with AHPRA or eligibility for membership with a professional organisation, whichever applies to your qualification
- Demonstrated experience in the disability sector
- Sound understanding of issues affecting people with intellectual or other cognitive disability
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination/administration skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including evidence of clear and concise writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience delivering allied health services in rural areas
- Sound understanding of service delivery processes under the NDIS framework
- Demonstrated experience managing staff
Please submit your application which includes your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: CDS Disability Outreach Coordinator – Dubbo application via CDS Website
Please submit your application by 11:59 pm 10 September 2018.
See position description here: CDS Disability Outreach Coordinator Position Description
uni 2 beyond- Volunteer Fundraising Officer
The Volunteer Fundraising Officer role is responsible for providing support for marketing and digital media communications and organising events to promote the fundraising efforts of uni 2 beyond. The position involves supporting the uni 2 beyond team in all aspects of fundraising including website and database management, social media, organising events and preparing marketing collateral.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a person who is passionate about social inclusion to make a difference in the lives of people with disability and at the same time hone your fundraising and marketing/promotions skills in a practical real-world environment.
This is a voluntary position of approximately 1 day per week with no expectations of becoming an ongoing role or paid role. The activities may be shared amongst a two volunteers. Timing and duration of position can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments.
See position description here: uni 2 beyond Volunteer Position Description