Emma has a background in law and advocacy for people with disabilities, undertaking individual advocacy and facilitating self advocacy groups for people with intellectual disability. She is also a Citizen Advocate for a person with intellectual disability.
As part of her Bachelor of Laws, Emma was awarded the O’Brien Solicitors Prize for Community Justice Studies for her work relating to the political participation of people with disabilities.
Emma joined CDS in 2011 and has worked on a number of projects, including:
- Inclusive Education Program
- Inclusive Research Network
- FACS ADHC Change Action Project
- Person Centred Champions Program
- Graphic facilitation for a range of CDS events
- PATH facilitation
BEcon(SocSci), LLB, GradDipLegPrac, CertIVTAE , DipCommunityServices (Coord)
- Diploma of Disability (Singapore)
- Diploma of Community Services (Person Centredness)