Help support students with an intellectual disability follow their dreams and experience university life at the University of Sydney!
What is uni 2 beyond?
uni 2 beyond is an innovative and award-winning initiative that supports people with intellectual disability to experience university life at the University of Sydney. Our students do not get degrees but attend lectures and tutorials of their choice as audit students. The initiative allows the student a chance to participate in university social life through engagement with their peers and time on campus.
uni 2 beyond works with its students to reach their potential, gain independence and develop friendships. Students also have the opportunity to participate in internships within both the corporate and community sector.
How can you help?
Right now, uni 2 beyond has only limited funding due to the restructuring of the disability sector and the recent budget cuts to the NDIS. We are initially seeking to raise $50,000, (all donations are tax-deductible), to provide a range of crucial supports for our students. These include:
- Tailored goal setting and career guidance
- Job readiness skills and training
- Paid internships in corporate, small business and Government workplaces
- Mentoring from University students to build confidence, life skills and academic success
- The opportunity to engage in a range of subject choices
- One on one academic tutoring
- Linking into a peer support network